Sunday, December 7, 2014

A Year in Lolita: April

April 2014
Location: Hawaii/Germany

Happy belated ILD! Since I was out and about yesterday, I wasn't able to post. I was going to do two months today to make up for it, but so much exciting things happened in April! To start with, it was my last week in Hawaii. I had a lot of loose ends to tie, stuff to put together for artist alley, and so much to pack. Needless to say, it was a very busy week. It was all leading up to my last hurrah in Hawaii at Kawaiikon. Misako Aoki was one of the guests of honor this year so we were all looking forward to the tea party event. Harajuku Hearts/Angelic Pretty USA were sponsoring it so there was definitely a lot of temptation to spend money even though I needed to save for my trip. I didn't get to leave my table very much during the con, but it was still super fun since so many people stopped by and I was sharing it with one of my friends~ And of course the boyfriend made sure I was fed and comfortable throughout the day.

The tea party was on Saturday, and a lot of us had gone all out for the occasion. Before it started we spent a lot of time taking pictures together. I even had a twin!

Coord Rundown: JSK: AATP, Blouse: Meta, Bonnet: IW, Wristcuffs: BTSSB, Flower Crown: Handmade, Shoes/Tights: Offbrand
The tea party was very nice~ Misako was very sociable and went around the tables to take pictures and chat. There was also a raffle, but I didn't win anything (as usual XD). After a decent amount of tea and yummy snacks, it was group picture time. I was really happy with how many people participated~

Loli Shaka Time
I had been working on a drawing for Misako but unfortunately wasn't able to finish it in time to give it to her at the tea party. Once I got back to my table, that was priority. I managed to finish it and give it to her later that day. She really liked it~

Lazy mode of my coord...
After the last day of the con, there was a more casual dinner planned with Misako at a local Italian restaurant. She was able to sit and talk with us in a much more relaxed atmosphere and it was a lot of fun. We swapped pictures of cats on our cellphones and talked about how airport security wanted her to remove her wig, but it was her actual hair. Someone mentioned that a lot of people think my hair is a wig too, she was surprised it wasn't. She pulled on it just to make sure XD


Since this was also my last time seeing most of my friends I was trying hard not to be emotional. I didn't want to leave, but I had a lot to do the next day and had to leave a little early. I said my heartfelt goodbyes, and thanked the Hawaii Lolita community for accepting me and making my first experience in a lolita comm an extremely pleasant one. I had one more day left in Hawaii, and most of it was spent packing. Oh so much packing...It's amazing how little stuff you can bring under 50lbs. I should know this by now, moving around so much, but it never gets any less painful to leave stuff behind. I was traveling to Germany with one of my best friends, so it wasn't as stressful as it could have been. The trip was 36 hours, with about 3 stops along the way. Surprisingly it didn't seem to drag on that much, even our 7 hour layover in Istanbul. I think by then we were just dead to the world. Once we finally had made it, the first thing that struck me was...how cold it was! I definitely wasn't prepared. But it wasn't unwelcome. We had finally made it to Germany to stay with my friend's parents who had relocated there for work. It was our intention to spend the next three months desperately looking for work, but in the mean time take in the sights~ Only two days after we had arrived we took a day trip to Holland to see the tulips. Sadly, I didn't wear lolita...the weather and scenery were perfect for it too (sigh).

Keukonhof is officially the most magical place I've ever been.
We spent the rest of the month getting paper work out of the way, exploring our neighborhood, the nearby towns and local sights. One day while we were exploring town/checking out the animation festival in Stuttgart I saw a group of lolitas sitting in the castle square having a picnic. Sadly, I was too shy to say hello, but I was happy to know my new home had a lolita community as well. So far I loved Germany~

No comments:

Post a Comment