Monday, December 8, 2014

Lolita 52 Challenge: 10 Facts About My Lolita Wardrobe

Since I'm doing a year in lolita right now, I'll make Lolita 52 a weekly thing again...like it's supposed to be. A friend of mine did this prompt for her challenge last week, and it looked like fun, so I thought I'd give it a try this week~ So, 10 facts about my lolita wardrobe, go!


1. I started collecting pieces in 2006 when I first went to Japan.
I could only afford one skirt. After that, I didn't get another piece until I got one custom made by In the Starlight. I pretty much only had those two pieces for a couple of years until I ordered my first brand piece from Baby, then immediately another piece from Angelic Pretty. I was becoming more familiar with the livejournal sales, and the economics of selling and buying lolita secondhand. Since I didn't make much money at my sad little work study job, I did a lot of selling before buying, so my wardrobe didn't do much growing for while.


2. My current wardrobe isn't that large in comparison to how old it is, but currently it is the largest it has ever been.
And I'm very happy with it~

3. I have more Alice and the Pirates pieces than any other brand.
I really shouldn't, it's not exactly a plus-size friendly brand, but it's my fave. So I suffer.

4. I love Alice in Wonderland prints, vertical stripes, and trump themes!
When it's all of the above, it's the perfect piece~ I may have more than one JSK with these traits.



5. Over 50% of my wardrobe is black.
Only two pieces out of the other 50% aren't dark colors. Still a goth at heart~

6. I currently only have 3 pairs of shoes.
To be fair, I only have 2 pairs of non-lolita shoes. I lost two pairs from overuse, and left one pair in Hawaii. I really want more shoes, but I have a slight limp which makes me scuff my shoes pretty easily. I love brand shoes, but to ruin them so fast and pay all that money...not ideal...

7. I have a lot of pieces in my wardrobe that are probably permanent pieces.
Some of my dresses are pretty old and have been worn A LOT. Their quality has gone down enough to get nowhere near what I paid for them, so I decided to just keep them forever. Luckily, they're the ones I love the most~

8. I lack solid color dresses/skirts.
I have one...I had one...I recently sold it for a non-solid color version of it. However, I really want some. I'm trying to break my print habit. I just really love seeing art and design on pretty clothes.

9. Speaking of art...I have a Yoh print piece, and an Asumiko Nakamura print piece.
I want more artist collab pieces. Yoh and Asumiko Nakamura are my two favorites, so I want anything they work on, but I'd also like to acquire some Kira Imai and Tama pieces as well.



10. I've started to shrink my wardrobe down.
Not intentionally, but since I'm out of work, if I want to get new things, I need to sell. I loved having a full time job that paid well. For a while I stopped selling things unless I couldn't fit it, so my wardrobe was growing. But now it's shrinking again. I'm sad to part with certain things, but getting new things is exciting too. Emotional roller coaster XD Once I get an income again, I look forward to rebuilding it~

2 comments:

  1. I really loved reading this, it's so fascinating to learn about other lolita's wardrobes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D Yours was so fun to read about it, figured I'd give it a go XD

      Delete