Saturday, December 27, 2014

A Year in Lolita: September

September 2014
Location: Florida

September was a much more active month for me. I was making more lolita friends, and thanks to my boyfriend I was also able to attend Anime Weekend Atlanta for the first time. Before that though, I attended a birthday party of a new lolita friend. It was at her home, but it was such a cute set up. Everything was adorable. We had a lot of fun taking silly pictures and having a mini swap meet.

2 Sweets and 2 Goths XD

Near the end of the month was AWA. I was both really excited and terrified all at the same time. I was nervous about traveling to Atlanta from North Florida by bus on my own. Luckily, once I got there, I was meeting with a long time online friend/fellow lolita artist, Donni. The trip was long and tiring, but I made it in one piece without getting too lost. It had been a while since I had been to a large con so I was sort of overwhelmed, but thanks to Donni and some of the local lolitas from my town that were also attending, I didn't feel quite as anxious. I also met up with a friend from college who I hadn't seen in years. All in all, it was super fun, and I did a lot more than I usually do at cons. Of course the whole weekend was all about lolita~

Coords for the weekend~ AATP all the way!


To be honest, the main reason I attended AWA was for the Baby the Stars Shine Bright tea party and to meet the designers. I sold a few things from my wardrobe to put together a coord with Vampire Prelude. I also worked out at the gym and dieted for a few months to fit into it a little better. Even so, the sleeves openings were too small, so I also had to alter it. The dress was missing the pearls on the bodice so a friend made me a new one, along with a beautiful flower crown. It was a lot of work, but totally worth it. I loved the final result~ The tea party was amazing! The Baby designer and the manager of the Harajuku store were both very nice, and went around to speak with everyone. They talked about the next trends for Baby, and about how they liked all the effort overseas lolitas made in putting together creative coords. They both really enjoyed the flower crown my friend made. I made sure to pass that along to her~

All the cuties!

The whole weekend was definitely worth the crazy trip getting there and going home. I met so many new people, reconnected with old friends, and got to know acquaintances better~ I spent WAY more than I should have, but I have no regrets about it. I had a good time, and that's all that mattered.

No comments:

Post a Comment