Monday, December 1, 2014

Lolita 52 Challenge: Impulse Buys that were Totally Worth It

Clearly keeping up with this blog was a failure...Anyway, impulse buys! I don't usually buy lolita on impulse cause of price, but...there have been a few times I let money burn a hole in my pocket and just fall out. I'm not sure I can consider it an impulse buy since I vowed to buy it as soon as I saw it, but Wonder Queen was probably the worst impulse buy that was totally worth it. Not the JSK itself, but the headbow, socks, purse and even the bonnet were.


It all started with saving up enough money just for the JSK. I knew that buying it directly from Angelic Pretty's site would be a bloodfest, so I ended up giving my money to a friend who was going to be in Japan during its release. Unfortunately she was only able to snag the bag for me. Around the same time Angelic Pretty USA was also releasing Wonder Queen, but my friend had my money and I didn't have enough to buy it. Against better judgement I decided to use a credit card I had just received. A credit card that I hadn't even activated yet, and had left all the activation information at my parent's house. On top of that, it was being released at 10am Hawaii time so I was at work and it was an especially busy day. First, I had to call my dad in Florida to ask him for my activation information. My dad is a bit...senile...so what should have taken a couple of minutes took about 30. By the time I got the relevant information, and activated my card it was a couple minutes before 10am. By then my heart was racing, and way too much adrenaline was pumping, so after snagging the black military style JSK (I didn't even try for wine, I knew it'd be hopeless) when I should have been checking out, realized...I had this unused credit card, with a larger limit than I was used to. Before I could really think of the consequences, I snagged the socks and headbow. Actually, the total wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but then I remembered I bought the bag too. Either way, it was totally worth it.


When it arrived, I wasn't able to get it on, it didn't fit. Determined to wear it (and Astronomical Clock which I had bought around the same time) I started dieting and walking home from work. A few months later I was able to get into it and wore it to my last con in Hawaii before moving to Germany. Angelic Pretty USA was there, and had the Wonder Queen bonnet conveniently in black so it was another impulse buy (I was able to sell enough Lolita Zodiac cards to actually afford it, but that money was supposed to be for Germany...). All in all, I have no regrets about it since it has become one of my favorite pieces in my wardrobe~

No comments:

Post a Comment