Friday, December 19, 2014

A Year in Lolita: June

June 2014
Location: Germany

June was both a fun, and relaxing month. I stopped worrying about finding a job, and decided to just enjoy the rest of my time in Germany. Unfortunately, since most my funds were almost all used up, I spent a lot of my time just enjoying the peace and quiet in the house before having to go back home. I did go to the Ritter Chocolate factory since it wasn't too far from where we were staying and bought an ungodly amount of chocolate. I pretty much ate chocolate everyday for a whole month. Somehow I lost weight in Germany, it makes absolutely no sense. Anyway, near the end of the month, a couple of friends came to visit me in Germany after their trip to Iceland. Recovering from their trip, we spent most of our time catching up and doing small day trips. One of our day trips was to the castle in Ludwigsburg. We originally planned to take a tour of the castle, then explore the gardens in the back where there was a fairytale themed section. Since we got to the castle before the tour started, we decided to explore the gardens first.


So, when we heard about the fairytale garden, we were expecting something cute with some fairytale stuff thrown in too. This fairytale garden though...was way more than that. This was like a mini-fairytale theme park. There were little buildings and areas set up to recreate several different fairytales, a lot with interactive set ups. For instance, they had the magic mirror from Snow White that you could ask if you were the fairest in the land (in German of course) and it'd answer you. They had the table that would set itself if you spoke the magic words. They had the donkey that spat out golden coins from it's mouth (more chocolate!). And my personal fave, a ridiculously fun toad prince water fountain that did different things when you stepped across it. It was clearly intended for kids, but I was having a blast. I'm such a fairytale fanatic, so this place was magical~ We ended up spending the whole day in the garden without seeing the castle interior.

Rapunzel's Tower~
I sort of regret not wearing lolita to this outing, but at the same time it was hot and mostly outdoors so it might have been a bad idea anyway. However, I did wear lolita to go to the opera for the first time~ I knew there was an opera house in town, but never thought to go since I figured it'd be pricey. But when we checked prices the tickets ranged from extremely reasonable to more expensive. I never thought I'd be able to see an opera for 9 euros. So, we went to see Orfeo et Eurydice and it was amazing~

Astronomical Clock for the opera to fit the Greek theme~
Afterwards we stopped at a cafe to have some ice cream even though it was starting to get cool. This was one of the last few things I did in Germany, and I'm really glad I got to experience it with friends~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment