Tuesday, December 16, 2014

A Year in Lolita: May

May 2014
Location: Germany

May was a month of excursions~ I visited the Neuschwanstein castle earlier in the month. I wanted to go in lolita, but my hosts had told me they had went before and there was quite a hike to the castle so I opted not to. However, after the hike and reaching the castle, I saw a girl going down the hill in a Cinderella Jewelry OP. Suddenly I felt like "if she could do it, I could have!" but actually...I don't think I could have. I barely made it to the top without having heart attack...and I was definitely sore the next day. Still, the castle was mind blowing! I practically threw a fit when we were walking down a corridor and suddenly I found myself in a colorfully lit CAVE. I couldn't get over it...I still can't get over it.

Made it!!

Our next trip, was admittedly the trip I was looking forward to the most.We took a day trip to Versailles in France~ This was seriously one of the high points of my life. To go somewhere that you've only seen in books is just completely surreal. I made it a point to wear lolita this time, even though the bus ride was 6 hours, it was surprisingly warm, and I would be doing A LOT of walking. Still, absolutely worth it. Also, I wasn't the only one who dressed for the occasion, so I didn't feel too out of place.

Coord Rundown: Skirt/Headbow: Meta, Socks/Purse: BTSSB, Blouse: Bodyline, Boots: AP, Parasol: IW

Sadly, my AP booties have never recovered since that trip, but still worth it. I'm not even sure how I can put into words how amazing Versailles was. I was definitely having an extremely emotional moment though. Especially when I stepped into the hall of mirrors.

Obligatory mirror selfie...in the Hall of Mirrors!!
Well, that was certainly something I could scratch off my list of things to do before I die.Sadly, I wasn't able to explore Paris during this trip, but I did at least experience infamous Paris traffic and in the process got a glimpse of the Eiffel Tower. Dear France, I'm not done with you yet~

The last trip of the month was a trip that was special to me and my love for fairytales~ We went to Hanau, birthplace of the Brothers Grimm to see the Cinderella play and look around the historic area of town. Since I had already gotten over my fear of wearing lolita out and about in Europe, I wore Cinderella Jewelry for the occasion. Coincidentally, the Frankfurt lolita group, Candy Days, were having a meet up at the Cinderella play as well. I was too shy to approach them, but after the play a few girls came up to talk to me. They were all very friendly and tolerant of my lack of German skills.

Coord Rundown: JSK/Headbow/Purse: BTSSB, Blouse: Meta, Socks/Boots: AP, Jewelry: Putumayo/Offbrand

The play was actually really good. I'm not a fan of musicals, but I liked it enough buy the soundtrack afterwards. My German comprehension is pretty limited, but I was surprised how much I could actually pick up. All in all, it was a good trip, despite multiple issues and getting lost at times.

Unfortunately, as magical as my time in Germany had been, my roommate and I were having terrible luck in finding a job. We only had one month left on our tourist Visa, so we decided it was a lost cause and would just enjoy the rest of our time in Germany as much as we could with our rapidly depleting funds.

1 comment:

  1. What an incredibly month, and how awesome that you ran into a German lolita comm!

    ReplyDelete